You’re wondering what a mocktail is? It’s simple, a mocktail is actually a delicious, non-alcoholic cocktail. If you are intolerant to alcohol or simply can’t stand the taste, mocktails are a great alternative to cocktails. Alexis Kuperfis, passionate about mixology, shares the best mocktail recipes with you!
#1 The Virgin Mojito
Careful, trying it on is adopting it. Virgin Mojito offers a perfect balance of mint and lemon flavours. Believe us, you won’t notice the absence of alcohol at all!
Here is the list of ingredients:
- – 1/2 glass of soda
- – 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- – A little salt
- – 1 lemon wedge
- – 12 mint leaves
- – 1 teaspoon of sugar
- – Ice as needed
- – 1 glass of water
Let’s move on to preparation:
– Put a large saucepan over medium heat. Add water and bring to a boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat ;
– Add the mint leaves to the boiled water and cover the pan. Let the mint flavour infuse into the water for 3 minutes. After that, filter and store the liquid in another container or pitcher ;
– Take a bowl and add lemon juice, sugar and salt. Mix it all together. Once the sugar has dissolved, pour this mixture into the filtered mint water and mix well ;
– Add soda and ice cubes to the lemon-mint water mixture. Transfer to a serving glass
– Garnish the Virgin Mojito with mint leaves and lemon wedges and serve cold. Now all you have to do is enjoy!
#2 Tequila Sunrise
You can trust us: you will certainly appreciate this mocktail with extra fruity notes. Here’s what you’ll need to prepare it:
- – 1/2 cup of pineapple juice
- – 1/3 cup orange juice
- – 2 tablespoons grenadine syrup
- – Frozen pineapple to taste
- – Ice cubes to taste
- – 1 file
For the preparation, nothing could be simpler:
– In your blender, mash the frozen pineapples with 1/4 cup of pineapple juice;
– In a glass, pour the grenadine, then squeeze the juice of the lime.
– Add orange juice, pineapple juice and crushed pineapple ;
– Add the ice cubes and serve.
#3 The Virgin Sangria
Is sangria without wine possible? Yes, it is possible. Just replace the wine with lemonade, and you’re done!
- – 350 ml of grape juice
- – 200 ml lemon lemonade
- – 300 g strawberries (250 + 50 g)
- – 50 g redcurrants
- – 50 g raspberries
- – Ice cubes
Let’s get on with the preparation of our delicious Virgin Sangria:
– Put the 250 g of strawberries in your blender, add a dash of water and mix slowly;
– Pour it all into a strainer, collect the juice and squeeze out the remaining juice with the back of a spoon;
– Pour the grape juice, strawberry juice and lemon lemonade into a carafe;
– Add the remaining 50 g of strawberries, redcurrants and raspberries and complete with ice cubes;
– Serve immediately.